The memories of your wedding will stay with you forever and your wedding album is crucial to capture the magic of these moments in all their details.
Today we’re spending a few hours with Giampaolo Palma and Daniele Belli from Diaframma Studio, two Italian professional photographers who will guide us whit their most important recommendations taking great wedding photos.
– Book a professional photographer
Don’t trust anyone else, your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, definitely not an occasion for beginners or amateurs.
Trust a professional who has a wide experience and whose work you love. For most of us, our wedding day is the first time we’ve worked with a professional photographer and we want everything to be perfect. Some professional photographers offer a quite cheap engagement photo shoot before your big day. This is a great chance to get more comfortable with him or her and practice the feel of being in front of a camera.
Considering the way a great picture moves you emotionally, spending on a great photographer can be considered a long-term investment.
– Trust your photographers
They’ve been doing this a lot longer than you and they will know how to get the best shots. Follow their advices expecially regarding lights: photography is painting with light and if there is no light, there’s not much your photographer can do without using a flash. Wedding photographers are usually super creative so be open to their ideas and give them as much time as you can, you won’t regret it.
– Plan for Stress-Free Photos
If you feel stressed, your pictures will reflect it. The best way to avoid that is to have a schedule with your photographer and create a (Reasonable) shot list. Stick to a few important shots, and ask a member of the wedding party to help set them up. Include whether you want shots in black and white or color, and mention any particular detail items you want captured.
– Think about the ceremony
Make sure photographers are allowed to place themselves in a good spot to take good shots and check if there are any limitations.
– Choose carefully your bridal dress
Chose a professional bridal designer and follow his/her advices. The bridal gown must enhance your shape, fit your personality and taste and must be comfortable to let you fully enjoy your special day. Let the experts guide you whether your choice is a pret a porter wedding dress or a customized bridal gown in your unique design. The right dress makes you beautiful and comfortable and it will definitely show in all the photographer’s shots. Choose your wedding dress a long time in advance or trust a bridal shop that is experienced with last minute bridal dress creation so that you will have a real stress free experience.
– Practice the celebrity pose in front of a mirror
Hollywood stars always look perfect, and you have no idea how much time they spend practicing the most flattering postures and poses in front of the mirror. Here’a few tips:
– smile, smile, smile. To add a little touch of perfection, push your tongue to your palate when you smile and close your eyes slightly. Be sure to “smile with your eyes” meaning keep smiles and eyes soft and confident.
– Don’t underestimate the beauty of good laugh, even a fake one! Amazing photos begin with a fake laugh that leads to real contageous ones.
– Avoid full frontal pictures, always turn your body 45 degrees to the side. Put your weight on your back foot and elongate the front leg with the foot pointed to the camera. This pose is much flattering and slimming.
– Bring your chin down a little bit when you smile, this way you will avoid getting undesired shadows in your photos. To avoid double chin move your head forward a little to elongate your neck.
– Keep your arms away from your body and don’t lean on them. You can have your hands on your hips or just keep them slightly away from you body with your shoulder relaxed and down.
– Try to stand up straight, keep your shoulders back, your chest forward and your belly back.
– Hold and play with the bouquet
– All these tips about the perfect pose are good, but remember that the best photos look natural, so don’t overthink.
– Keep your face relaxed
If you feel the photo shoot is taking too long (and you will) keeping a natural smile may feel impossible. Close your eyes and ask the photographer to count to three before taking the picture so you will know when to open your eyes and show your best look.
– Choose an expert makeup artist
You definitely do not want to look orange or glittery, expecially if other people in the photos have a more delicate makeup. The perfect look for a bride follows the rule “less is more”, you will look the best when you look natural.
– Choose the perfect location
Work with your photographer (and your wedding planner if you have one) to find the best places to shoot majestic pictures, and possibly visiting the location before the big day. Use internet as a source of inspiration for your photo shoot along with the suggestions from your photographer. Don’t forget to add your personal style but always remember that conventional pictures will survive the passing of time while crazy original ones can add a touch of fun but will not work as the core of your photo shoot.
– Choose the details
Find elements that you love and are a part of you and use them to define your wedding and make it very personal: a bridal veil, a tiara, a bridal jacket or bolero, some eccentric footwear, pieces of jewelry, a special bouquet…
– Most important tip: Just Enjoy the Day!
Your photographer should be the one worrying about capturing those moments, not you!
To book Giampaolo Palma and Daniele Belli as your wedding photographers in Rome you can contact Diaframma Studio at +39 345 5894521 or by mail @ email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find the wedding dresses in our pictures above at Spose di Valentina show room in Via Anagnina 356/f in Rome, Italy and online at www.sposedivalentina.com .
You can contact us for informations and to schedule an appointment al +39 389 4734556 or by email email@example.com